Is there anything better than a sheet pan meal? I don’t think I will ever be over them considering how easy they are. This sheet pan meal consists of baked honey balsamic chicken thighs and vegetables and comes together so fast!
Baked Honey Balsamic Chicken Thighs Marinade
This recipe marinates boneless chicken thighs in a honey balsamic mix for 2-4 hours. If you’re like me and always forget to marinade your meat- no worries. Just make the sauce and pour it on about halfway through baking it.
You will need:
- balsamic vinegar
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- minced garlic
What to do with leftover marinade
There will be more marinade than you need. Cool little thing you can do with what’s leftover is to make it into a sauce! Here’s how to do it:
- Add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch to leftover marinade and whisk well
- Pour marinade into a small sauce pot and cook over medium/high heat until marinade starts to boil
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer until marinade has thickened
- Once chicken is done, drizzle this sauce on and enjoy!
How to make this a sheet pan dinner
Step 1: Use your favorite vegetables and roast those babies! That’s it!
In this meal, I chose to use potatoes and broccoli. I LOVE roasted potatoes so I use them whenever I can. I even got my potato hating husband to love my roasted potatoes! We also always seem to have a never ending supply of frozen broccoli in the freezer and since it usually goes with anything, it was a no brainer.
Follow along in the recipe to use these veggies or just stick to what you like! Either way, the chicken is the real winner here so I know you’ll enjoy it no matter what you choose.
Baked Honey Balsamic Chicken Thighs
Honey Balsamic Marinade
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 8 oz baby potatoes , quartered
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 6 oz broccoli
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients and add to a large ziploc bag
- Add in 4-6 chicken thighs to the bag
- Close and shake the bag around to coat the thighs in the marinade
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade bag and place them on the baking sheet
- Slice baby potatoes into quarters and add to a bowl. Add olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper to potatoes and toss to combine
- Pour potatoes onto baking sheet
- In same bowl, add broccoli, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine, then add to the baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken has reached 165 degrees and potatoes are easily poked with a fork
Head over to check out some other dinner recipes!