Sweet and savory is such a good combo, right? If you agree, you will LOVE this fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese pizza. Drizzle on some balsamic glaze and you’re on way to enjoy this fun ‘za!
Figs… on pizza?
Yes!!!!!!! Figs on pizza. Figs on everything! Okay maybe not everything…
I gave my husband a piece to try and he looked at it like it was the strangest thing. Once he took a bite he said “woah… this is weird”. Obviously, I took that as a bad thing, but he later said it was “weird” because he was not expecting it to taste as good as it did. Now he won’t stop bothering me to make more!
Trust me on this one. You have sweet flavors from the figs, salty flavors from the prosciutto, tangy flavors from the goat cheese, and don’t even get me started on this balsamic glaze!
What’s on this pizza?
- I used some leftover Black Mission figs that I froze (because let’s face it they turn on you so fast!) but any fresh figs will do.
- Goat cheese
- Shredded mozarella
- Thinly shredded prosciutto
- Homemade balsamic glaze
Pizza Dough Recipe
I actually used Sugar Spun Run’s Best Pizza Dough Recipe for this pizza and would highly recommend it! Her recipe states it will be for one pizza, but I was able to roll out my dough thin enough that it made 2 individual 10 inch pizzas. I suggest rolling out your dough thin (about 1/8 inch thick) since I believe this fig pizza tastes best on a thinner crust, but you do you!
If you’re looking for thicker dough or just more pizza in general, I’ve also used Sally’s Baking Addiction Homemade Pizza Crust for Beginners in the past and that is delicious as well. This makes 2 thicker crusted pizzas.
Homemade Balsamic Glaze
This balsamic glaze is SUPER easy and only requires 2 ingredients. I keep it on hand because it is so delicious and it goes perfectly on so many things! The recipe below will make more than you need, but you can keep this in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Give this recipe a try and impress the heck out of your friends and family! If pizza isn’t your thing (… what?!) or you’re looking for something lighter, I highly recommend checking out my Prosciutto, Peach, and Fig Arugula Salad.
Please be sure to rate and comment below if you tried this fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese pizza. It’s so helpful to me and other food lovers who check out my recipes!
Fig, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 pre-made 12 inch pizza crust , or homemade recipe link in 'instructions'
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup shredded mozarella
- 2 oz goat cheese , crumbled
- 2 slices prosciutto , shredded
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onions
- 3-4 figs , thinly sliced
- drizzle balsamic glaze
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- Combine balsamic vinaigrette and brown sugar in a small sauce pan
- Heat over medium high heat until boiling, continuing to stir. Reduce heat and let it simmer until it thickens a bit
- Remove from stove, let it cool and place in fridge
- Preheat oven to 425°F*
- Use pre-made pizza crust or follow Sugar Spun Run's Best Pizza Dough Recipe
- If making homemade recipe, after dough has risen, split dough in half and roll dough out to be about ⅛ to ¼ inch thick. It should be about 10-12 inches around**
- Using a brush or back of spoon, spread olive oil on dough so it's covered completely
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, onions, figs, and prosciutto on pizza
- Bake for 13-17 minutes, until cheese has melted and crust is golden***