Let’s talk about these frozen peanut butter chocolate granola banana bites. That’s a mouthful! I’ve seen these floating around for a little while and thought about how I could spruce them up just a tiny bit. I’ve decided to add granola to give these bites that crunch I’m always searching for.
I’m not going to lie, the first time I made these, I ate all of them. I refused to share them because they were THAT good. So prepare yourself when you try these out and maybe make an extra batch just in case 🙂
These are like those frozen bananas on a stick you can pick up from the grocery store or make at home, but they’re better. Since they’re bite sized, you just pop them in your mouth and enjoy! There’s no painful freezing of your front teeth when you bite into these!
These are small, but they are mighty in flavor. To make these, you just need 5 ingredients:
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Peanut Butter
I used Michele’s Lemon Pistachio Granola as my granola choice because it’s hands down my favorite. If you haven’t tried this yet, I highly recommend you do! I’m not sponsored and not affiliated with this brand; I’m just super passionate about good products.
I don’t have kids (yet) but I did teach at a kids weekly cooking camp one summer and I personally think this recipe would be so fun for some little helpers!
These do take a little bit of time since they require freezing in the middle of the process and then again at the end. But the steps to make frozen peanut butter chocolate granola banana bites are super simple!
- Slice banana into pieces and pair two pieces together
- Spread some peanut butter on one half
- Stack the two pieces to make a sandwich
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil and dip banana bites
- Sprinkle on granola
- Freeze and enjoy!
Frozen PB Chocolate Granola Banana Bites
- 1 large banana
- ¼ cup chocolate chips dark preferred, semi-sweet also works
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup of favorite granola or your favorite topping
- Cut banana into ¼ inch slices and set aside pairs of 2
- Spread ½ tsp (or to liking) of peanut butter on one half of the pair of bananas and place the other half on top (like a cute little banana sandwich)
- Repeat for all pairs and pop in the freezer for about 1 hour
- After banana bites have been cooled in the freezer, combine coconut oil and chocolate chips and melt
- Start off with 30 seconds in the microwave, then stir, and continue in 15 second intervals until the chocolate is melted completely*
- Take banana bites out of the freezer, and working one by one, dip half of the banana stack into the chocolate mix, then immediately dip into the granola
- Pop them in the freezer until the chocolate is hardened