“Crisp for one please”! I love self sized desserts and this personal cherry peach crisp is the perfect pick me up. Maybe you want to celebrate good news or you just had a crappy day… this dessert will be there for you.
(Yes I did just start singing the Friends theme song….)
Start off by pitting the cherries, then slicing them into quarters. Cut up your peaches, add both fruits to the bowl, and mix in the delicious brown sugar and cinnamon.
It’s prime sweet cherry and peach season right now and I’ve been taking full advantage of summer’s fruits this season. I have brainstormed and tested so many delicious recipes to come! If you know me, you know I am a huge fan of citrus, but sometimes even I need to break that up a bit. That’s where cherry and peaches come to the rescue for the best personal dessert you will find! Sweet cherries and peaches are both in season through the end of summer, so you still have time to get on this!
I mean, just look at this combination….
Fall is my second to favorite time of year (following spring) only because I dread the Northeastern winter right around the corner. Fall is filled with great weather, beautiful colors, and the best dishes. Come fall, my taste buds are blown away by butternut squash, cinnamon apples, and pastries in the oven.
I’m not the biggest fan of summer because I absolutely hate being hot, but I embraced the heat and turned on my oven to make this recipe on a 100 degree day. Let me tell you though, it was so worth it. The flavor combination of cherry and peach are too good not to take that risk for. Those flavors warmed up with a crisp topping is the perfect way to start or end your day.
Personal Cherry Peach Crisp
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- 1 cup chopped sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1½ Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2.5 Tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup flour
- 5 Tbsp brown sugar
- Finely chopped pecans , optional
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Pit and chop cherries into quarter pieces. Chop peaches into ¼ inch pieces. Add both fruits into a mixing bowl
- In the fruit bowl, add in sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Combine well until all fruit is coated
- In a separate bowl, use a fork to mash together melted butter, flour, oats, and brown sugar *
- Split half fruit mix into two individual 8 oz ramekins and top with crisp topping. Sprinkle on chopped pecans or nut of choice to your liking
- Putting ramekins on baking tray, bake in the oven (2nd rack from the top) for 30-35 minutes, until filling has thickened and topping is golden brown
Let me know below if you tried out this Personal Cherry Peach Crisp!