If you want to feel fancy while eating a salad, this one is for you. This prosciutto, peach and fig arugula salad is the perfect end of summer lunch you’ll be craving every day.
In Season Fruits
It’s still stone fruit season AND fig season and what better way to celebrate that then pair these two delicious things together?
Stone fruits are those fruits with a giant “stone” in them. These stones contain the seed inside, but are not actually the seed itself. Stone fruits include peaches, nectarines, cherries, plums, and apricots, to name a few. Unfortunately, we are nearing the end of peach season. I highly recommend you stock up, cut up, and freeze those fresh peaches before they’re gone!
Fig season varies depending on the type of fig, but generally kicks off between June or July and goes through October or November. In this salad, we use fresh Black Mission figs, but feel free to use whichever you can get your hands on. Sometimes, figs are hard to find! Black Mission figs are the sweetest of the fig variety but still very mellow and easy to pair with other flavors.
It’s important to use fresh figs in this salad as the dried variety is a little too sticky and gummy for it to work well in this.
To Assemble this Prosciutto, Peach, and Fig Arugula Salad
- Grab a bag of your favorite greens. I chose arugula to balance out the sweetness from the peaches and figs
- Slice up your fresh peaches
- Slice figs into quarters
- Shred prosciutto into pieces. Prosciutto is incredibly delicate and will shred very easily.
- Sprinkle on goat cheese crumbles. You can also use feta here if you’d like. I like a ‘bite’ in my cheese flavors, again, to balance out the sweetness.
- Pour on your favorite dressing. I recommend using a balsamic dressing because it pairs SO well with the rest of these flavors. If balsamic isn’t your thing, I recommend some type of vinaigrette.
- I use this balsamic vinaigrette recipe
Prosciutto, Peach and Fig Arugula Salad
- 5 oz. baby arugula
- 4 figs quartered
- 1 peach sliced
- 1 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 3 slices prosciutto shredded
- Cut peach into slices and figs into quarter pieces
- Add arugula, sliced peaches, and figs to bowl
- Crumble goat cheese and shred prosciutto and add to the bowl
- Drizzle on balsamic dressing and enjoy!