This is it. This is THE recipe. The BEST salmon burger you will ever taste. You better just go ahead and bookmark this Salmon Burger with Lemon Dill Aioli right now! Go!
Okay, now that I hopefully didn’t scare you away, let’s get into the details of this recipe. My husband randomly sent me a Food Network recipe for Perfect Salmon Burgers because he wanted to try them. So naturally, I adapted this recipe a little bit to perfect it to our taste.
I’m not kidding when I say my husband’s eyes light up like a dog looking at a treat when he knows I’m making these. They will make your house smell SO amazing. Every time I make these, I guess my tastebuds forget the magic that’s in these, because I’m always completely shocked at how good these taste, bite after bite.
Steps to make your burger:
- Skin salmon and dice 3/4 of it into quarter inch pieces, then cut the rest into chunks
- Put chunks and other ingredients (except breadcrumbs) into a food processor and process until it becomes a paste
- Combine the paste mix, diced pieces of salmon, and breadcrumbs together. Form into patties
- Should be slightly sticky, but if it’s too wet, add more breadcrumbs
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
My mom used to make salmon all the time and would coat the crap out of it in dill. Guess it stuck with me because this baby is loaded with fresh dill. Also, in true Full of Zest fashion, there’s a lot of tang. These salmon burgers have lemon juice, lemon zest, and the ever so delicious dijon mustard.
You can throw these patties on a salad or make a lettuce wrap. If you choose to go full burger mode, I’ve made a lemon dill aioli that is the perfect condiment for these bad babies.
Salmon Burger with Lemon Dill Aioli
- ¾ lb salmon , skinned
- ½ Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp dill
- ½ cup + ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs (separated)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp oil
Lemon Dill Aioli
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Skin salmon and dice 3/4 of it into quarter inch pieces and set aside. Cut the rest of the salmon into chunks
- Combine salmon chunks, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, and salt and pepper into a food processor and process until it becomes a paste
- In a bowl, combine the paste mix, diced pieces of salmon, and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs together. Form into patties *
- Line a plate or tray with parchment paper. Place patties on paper coated plate or tray and cover. Refigerate for at least 30 minutes
- While waiting, whisk together ingredients to make aioli. Cover and refrigerate until burgers are done and you are ready to eat
- Pour remaining ¼ cup of breadcrumbs on another plate and lightly press patties into breadcrumbs to coat. Make sure to coat all sides
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in frying pan and cook burgers about 4-5 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches 130° and a nice golden crust forms
Let me know your thoughts on this Salmon Burger with Lemon Dill Aioli!
Looking for more dinner recipes?